The essence of Coaching is through empowering questions. ….
… however, in my experience it makes complete sense to augment the coaching discussion with the use of relevant tools – to integrate business , personal or career coaching with the best practices from coaching, mentoring and business development gurus.
All my coaching sessions, irrespective of whether they are for teams or individuals, tend to follow the same 4 phase process with the acronym ROSA. I tend to also use this same 4 phase process across the coaching process overall – so a 10 session coaching engagement will also tend to transition across these 4 phases.
- Reality – what’s on your mind – describing the current state of play, where your life is at right now
- Objectives – your goal – the vision or target state for the client or the session
- Solutions – brainstormed options of possible steps to transition from the reality towards the goal
- Action – concrete activities that you decide to undertake
Below I have outlined the typical tools that may be used in each of these phases, firstly for Career and Life Coaching and then for Business Accelerator Coaching.
Career Coaching tools
- Life Coaching Concept
- Pizza of life
- Entrepreneur Pizza
- 13 week plan
- Beliefs and limiting beliefs
- Goal visualisation
- Reticular Activation System
- Homework/action plans
Business Accelerator Coaching tools
- Business/leadership/entrepreneur Pizza
- Scaling Up concept (Verne Harnish)
- Scaling Up engagement survey/feedback
- Rockefeller habits checklist